Announcements: Teams are formed through open tryouts that are held in December/January for the Spring and August/September for the Fall.
You are a SCOT… Lead by Example!
Attempt to win through skill, effort, practice and tactics; but, play fairly at all times.
Avoid inappropriate behavior, including the use of profanity or other inappropriate language, during practices, games and other SCOTS BASEBALL CLUB activities.
Baseball gear should be left at the benches. Do not take your bags into cages or in halls/walkways.
Batting helmets and “L” screen usage is required in the cage at all times during all hitting drills. No exception.
Be on time for all practices and games.
Follow the directions of your coach.
For safety purposed, the front entry door must be closed at all times. Do not prop open.
Full catchers gear (helmet, mask, glove and cup at a minimum) is required during all live pitching drills or live batting practices.
Go directly to the coach with any questions or concerns.
Inform coach as soon as possible (at least 24 hrs.) if missing a game or practice.
Never argue with or criticize coaches, teammates, opponents or umpires.
No cleats of any kind (metal or rubber) in the facility. Sneakers or turf shoes only.
No seeds, gum, sports drinks, food or tobacco products.
No throwing balls or swinging bats outside of any cage. If you are not hitting or waiting your turn, hold your bat by the barrel by your side.
Only current SBC players, parents and adults transporting players are permitted in the facility. The Facility will not be used for other sports.
- Only water is allowed.
- Parents or siblings are not allowed in cages during practice/lessons. Please watch/wait at benches or in the waiting room.
- Play hard on every play and in every practice and game.
- Please dispose of all trash. We do not have janitorial staff.
- Please make sure all your gear is labeled.
- Remember that the game is for the players, not for the parents. As such, parents are required to remain outside of the dugout and off the field at all times and will refrain from speaking to players until the game is over. Cheer for your player, but do not coach from the stands.
- Respect the facilities. No seeds/gum/food/tobacco products at the Indoor Facility or HPISD turf fields.
- Run full speed on the base paths. Always pick up your base coach after every pitch. Never miss any sign.
- Run on/off the field every inning of every game and practice.
- SBC player siblings may take lessons with a SBC coach or instructor. Scheduling will be the same online process as scheduling a SBC player.
- Take victory modestly, defeat graciously and exhibit good sportsmanship at all times.
- The garage doors may only be opened by a coach. If a coach is not present, they must remain closed unless in case of an emergency.
- The switches for the lights and fans are to the right as you enter the cages area. If you are the last to leave, please turn off the lights and fans.
- To use the facility you must make an online reservation prior to arrival.
- Treat coaches, parents, teammates and opponents with respect. Be supportive and encouraging.
- Wear the appropriate uniform/equipment with jersey tucked in and wear hat forward at all times.
If you notice any facility repair issues, plumbing issues, concerns please text 650-867-4041.
Misuse of the facility, not following SBC Rules/Code of Conduct, or allowing outside players to use the facility will result in renovation of access card and facility privileges will be terminated.
Want to Join The Club?
The SCOTS Baseball Club provides professional coaches who teach the fundamentals of baseball while developing character, teamwork and sportsmanship in young athletes.
The Scots Baseball Club regularly emails parents information about the current and upcoming seasons. This is the best way to stay tuned with the Club. Don't forget to follow us on social media to stay up-to-date with all things Scots Baseball!